Washington Dental in Carson provides quality and affordable family and implant dental care. We offer Free Exam & X-Rays for all new patients, and have some of the best reviews. Let us be the reason you smile!
Our doctors are graduates of USC & UCLA, and have many years of dental experience. We provide comprehensive dental care, with all services provided in office. We offer family, implant, cosmetic, general, and emergency dental care.
We at Washington Dental are committed to excellence in customer service. This means making it as easy as possible to schedule appointments, taking the time to patiently explain to you all of your options without ever pressuring you into a procedure, using top of the line equipment and training to provide you with the highest quality of care, providing multiple payment options, and accepting many PPO dental insurance plans.
Maintaining good oral health is partly dependent on regular brushing and flossing, but seeing your dentist for a check up at least twice a year, as recommended by the American Dental Association, is very important. Additionally, when you need specific services like an extraction, an implant, a crown, or braces, there is no choice but to turn to a dental professional. Should you have a dental emergency, like a cracked/broken tooth or an excruciatingly painful tooth ache, quick access to an experienced local dentist is a necessity.
Our Offered Dental Services at Washington Dental
Free Dental Exams: Regular dental exams every 4-6 months help us catch problems in the early stages and prevent others from ever beginning at all. We will spend your first visit checking your teeth for any signs of decay or weakening, and examine your gums to make sure they are healthy. We will do our best to go over your dental health and what ever care you may require. We will explain everything step by step so that you can make the best decision possible.
Digital X-Rays: We use modern digital X-rays that instantly produce high-quality images on an LCD monitor both you and your dentist can view. These high-tech X-rays are both exceptionally detailed and produce as much as 90% less radiation. We also use intra-oral mini-cameras to photograph your teeth to show you exactly what is happening to your teeth and gums if there is a problem.
White, Composite Fillings: If we (or you) discover any cavities in your teeth, we can fill them in with natural-colored "white" resin fillings. The resin is strong, durable, stain-resistant, and minimizes the amount of tooth material that must be removed (as compared with silver, amalgam fillings).
Root Canals: When a tooth is too badly damaged for a filling but not so badly as to require an extraction, a root canal may be in order. We remove the infected part of the tooth called the nerve, clean the inside of the tooth and fill it with "gutta percha" to keep it strong. A tooth with a root canal needs a crown so that it can be fully covered. This allows the tooth to be strong and resistant to future breakdown or decay.
Dental Implants: Dental implants are the best choice when it comes to replacing a broken or missing tooth. Dental implants are fixed and permanent. We design our implants and its crown to match the color and contours of your other teeth. There is no other alternative when it comes to replacing a tooth.
Dental Crowns: We offer a great variety of crown types, including porcelain, zirconia, ceramic, metal, resin, and porcelain-fused-to-metal, and we can help you select the option that best fits you and your lifestyle.
Teeth Whitening: This procedure removes deep, clinging stains from your teeth. It "bleaches" your teeth and brightens your smile. While there are at home teeth-whitening kits, a professional in office whitening works faster and is much more effective and long-lasting.
Bonding and Veneers: When bonding a tooth, we apply enamel-colored resin to chips and stubborn discolorations on your teeth and cure them with a high-intensity light. The result is the removal/hiding of tooth imperfections. Porcelain veneers can accomplish much the same thing when a larger portion of the tooth surface is in need of transformation or when you desire to "cover up" an interdental gap.
Braces: Traditional metal braces and Invisalign "invisible" braces each work best in different situations. Invisalign, for example, uses a series of clear, removable trays to gradually adjust your teeth into position. Metal braces are the only viable option for certain severe cases and are much-improved compared to the metal braces of the 1990s.
Bridges and Dentures: Dental bridges are sometimes the best way to fill in the gap left by a missing tooth, prevent migration of surrounding teeth, and allow for improved chewing/speaking. We can do traditional, cantilever, or Maryland bridges as the situation calls for. We can also offer fixed dentures or make comfortable, removable dentures (partial or full) when several or many teeth are missing.
At Washington Dental, we have a deep experience in a wide range of dental procedures, including same day dental implants. We can offer you expert advice in deciding if dental implants are right for you. Our state of the art facility, high tech dental instruments and friendly staff allow us to provide each patient with the top-quality level of treatment they deserve. Additionally, we use effective anesthetic as needed to reduce discomfort during your dental surgeries and make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Washington Dental is located in Carson, CA, only minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and serves the entire surrounding Southbay area. Washington Dental's Doctors, including Drs. Sam and David Ganji, hold degrees from prestigious universities, engage in continuing education courses to stay up to date on the latest techniques, and have many years of experience placing dental implants.
Why Opt for Dental Implants?
When a tooth is already missing or is too badly damaged to be saved, replacing your lost teeth is important not only for esthetic reasons but also to prevent further damage. Missing teeth allow surrounding teeth to drift out of position, crowd against another tooth, expose other teeth to chipping, negatively affect chewing and speaking, and allow the bone below the exposed gums to deteriorate. It is best to replace lost teeth as soon as possible. Bridges and dentures are two possible answers, and in some cases, one of these may be the best answer. However, dental implants are generally superior to dentures and bridges and are becoming more and more popular with each passing year. Currently they are the most technologically advanced method to replacing your missing teeth because they are permanent and fixed.
Some of the main benefits of dental implants include the following:
- You can replace missing teeth without affecting neighboring teeth, which is not the case with bridges that rely on adjacent teeth for support.
- Dental implants match the shape and color of your original teeth and feel natural in your mouth. This is not always the case with bridges and dentures.
- The implant replaces the whole tooth, from root to crown. It is anchored to your underlying bone, giving it stability and strength, and it will not come loose because the metal (titanium) root fuses (osseointegrates) to your natural bone tissue.
- Because pressure is still placed on your jawbone, the bone and gums will not shrink down (resorb) as often can happen with bridges and dentures.
- The high, first-time success rate of dental implants means you likely will not need to make any "extra" trips to the dentist. With bridges and dentures, adjustments and re-manufacture of appliances may be necessary as your mouth changes shape over the years.
- The long, frequently life-time, durability of dental implants means that, though costing initially a little more than dentures or bridges, you actually save money in the long run.
- Dentures and bridges can also be anchored to an implant (called "implant-retained prosthetics” or “overdenture”) to better stabilize them.
- Implants do not require any change in what you eat/drink or in the way you care for your teeth. Simply brush and floss them the same way you would a natural tooth.
- Dental implants are part of the cutting edge of modern dentistry, and you will need a dental practitioner who is specially trained to place them. At Washington Dental, we have the training, experience, and conscientious care it takes to correctly place your dental implant.
- In the initial consultation, we will determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. We will take the proper X-rays and examine your gum and bone level. We will patiently discuss your options in great detail and help you make an informed decision.
Contact Us to Learn More
At Washington Dental in Carson, CA, we offer free exam and X-rays to all new patients, so you have no risk in meeting with us to discuss your options. Call us at 310-217-1507 for further information to schedule your appointment.
We offer highly competitive pricing on dental implants and on all of our dental procedures. Let us be the reason you smile!
20401 Avalon Blvd Suite A
Carson, CA 90746